POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Stus Rendering Speed - ellipsoids? : Re: Stus Rendering Speed - ellipsoids? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stus Rendering Speed - ellipsoids?
From: Ken
Date: 28 Aug 1999 01:16:54
Message: <37C77070.4DFF6E76@pacbell.net>
Stuart Johnston wrote:

> If you go to the following web page you'll hopefully get my drift.
> Im only gettting 13pps on a P90 with POV.win.
> I think it's the superellipsoids, but doing an 8x640x320 animation
> means-35hrs.
> I now appreciate I could cut down on my lights (6 of).
>
> Go here....Please...Please...Please....
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stuartjohnston/POV/POV_html.html
>
> Stu### [at] ozemailcomau

Merging superellipsoids on a P90 is your most likely culprit along with the
fact you have transparent objects in the scene which are inherently slower
to render than other objects anyway.

Have you considered overclocking your system to boost performance ?
http://www.tomshardware.com/overclock.html

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: